- Lost my cookies twice now after drinking my beloved (not) orange juice. Maybe (hopefully?) it's a sign that I can go back to the prenatal vitamin and stop drinking the nasty stuff.
- Having a hard time getting excited about cub scouts. I realize that the basic elements of the scouting program are beneficial, it just bothers me that more time is spent on making sure the boys get their badges and awards rather than the Faith in God program.
- The expense of Scouting is ridiculous. Chase has been the Cubmaster for several months now. He hasn't had a scout shirt since he got his Eagle at 14. He felt kind of amiss that he didn't have one when he was conducting all his pack meetings. So we looked into getting him one. Forget that idea! Money for a scout shirt just wasn't in our budget at the time. Thankfully, my ever-prepared Dad and awesome scout master had one left over from his scouting days.
- Almost ready to take my first shipment into Stork Landing next week. I am really excited about this. Come to find out Stork Landing has a "Mom-to-Mom" area of the store where local moms can make things to sell in the store. I've been looking for something like this to supply my fabric obsession and it's all worked out. I'll post pictures later of what I've been making!
- Valentines Day was pretty low-key for us. Lauren made Chase a valentine at story-time and Chase brought me home a Kit-Kat, my favorite. Then we went and got Chinese take-out, ate and went to bed. Perfect day in my mind! Someday I hope to be all creative and have the energy to make fun food and valentines. Everything in their season right?
- Ready for spring to come!
- Baby "flavor" day is less than a week away now! (Chase's uncle calls the gender "flavor", it just sounds funny to me. ) Let's just say we'll be uber surprised if baby's a girl!
- Did my first singing-time winging it in primary last week. The music leader and her sub both got sick last minute. It ended up not being too bad, hopefully the kids thought so too! First time for everything.
- Lauren is so sassy it scares me. At Joanns earlier this week she wanted to push the cart. All.by.herself. I tried keeping a finger on it to make sure she didn't run some poor lady over, but she would stop, put her hand on her hip, with her other finger in the air and growl, "Le go ma!" with lowered eyebrows. Geez!
-Callee's wedding is two weeks away. I remember this time, you're so sick of planning and it's so close it's driving you nuts! I'm excited, it will be a fun party week! A little nervous about the cake. I get to make four layers of cheesecake. Hopefully it will look and taste awesome.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see the stuff you've been sewing!
Lauren's stubborn story is adorable :)
Be sure to take pictures of you cheesecake too!
Post a Comment