Monday, December 3

Immodesty

I had an interesting day yesterday: writing it down makes me feel less embarrassed about it so here's the story.

I got a coupon for a free dress from Old Navy. Never been a fan of their dresses but figured it was worth a shot. Since I'm pretty short I didn't think the length would be an issue. I put it on yesterday, checked in the mirror and sat down to make sure it was long enough before heading to church.

Well sometime between walking to church, sitting through sacrament meeting and taking Lauren to nursery, the dress shortened by at least 3 inches I swear. A kind lady in the ward quietly came behind me and told me my slip was showing ALOT. Great. Thankfully the bathroom was a few steps away. And there I discovered that even when wearing a slip, the dress was quite thin as well as shortening by the second even with a slip. Oh geez.Thoroughly embarrassed and mortified, I ran home to change hoping nobody was looking.

So just so you know, Old Navy dresses magically shorten themselves while wearing and become translucent in different lighting. This dress needs some serious doctoring before wearing again, if I do ever wear it again.

Free dress? Fail. I think I'll stick to making my own.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Ahhh :( Sorry that happened...Those moments are always the worst and you feel like everyone is watching you.
If it makes you feel any better, I had no idea :)