Wednesday, November 7

Lucky

Today's trip to the grocery store was... interesting, shall we say. Lauren does pretty good most of the time, but today for some reason she was starving and couldn't wait to eat the food we still needed to pay for.

She got a chunk out of the bread AND the bagels.

She smooshed a banana.

And then... she tipped over the whole carton of eggs. Not just a dozen, but an 18 count carton.

But I was so lucky, because even though they wiggled and rolled through every nook and cranny of the jammed cart, not one of those 18 eggs was cracked. Phew.

------

On another lucky note... Institute today was really good. I'm not a political person, but I had special interest in this election. After hearing the results I felt a little unnerved, I guess I still do. I feel like this event is another "sign of the times"; it's going to get much worse before it gets better. And that's how it's supposed to be. As frightening as it may be, in the end, everything is going to be glorious.

The lesson today was about the "Trial of our Faith" from Elder Anderson's talk from this last conference. Sister Whitesides made the comment that this election might be the beginning of the trial of our faith for continuing to stand up for morals and righteousness when everything else is crumbling.

The message I got today was that in all trials, we could feel empowered because we have the Gospel and the Lord on our side. And with that we can do and endure ANYTHING, because He has promised it.

And for that, I feel lucky.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I can't believe none of your eggs cracked!
I think it's so great that you get to go to that Institute class!